I’ve just listened to Julius Malema’s speech where he says that the ANC Youth League wants economic, social and political freedom. I just so wish he wants to clarify what he means.
I would like his statement to look like this:
1. Jobs for everybody
2. The gap between rich and poor must be smaller – South Africa has the biggest gap in the world.
3. Aid for those who really can’t work
4. Support for the old and the disabled
5. Taxes paid by everybody
1. The freedom to walk the streets without being scared
2. The knowledge that those that act outside the law will be punished
3. The ability to see a future for my child and myself
1. Responsibile governing of the land by the government
2. Trust in the government that they are acting in the best interest of everybody from the poorest to the richest.
3. Everybody to have the freedom to vote for who they want without the fear of intimidation
Hell, if he can put a manifest down like this I’ll go and march with him but his statements are all so vague and I just can’t get a handle on what he really wants.
Is there somebody out there that can explain to me? I must admit that I feel really ignorant at the moment because I just do not understand.
Actually I suppose I can say the same about the people outside Wall Street. They are all against capitalism but isn’t that what America stands for?